Sunday, July 13, 2008

Shanghai!

Well this last weekend we were in Shanghai and went to Hangzhou one of the days. It was the last weekend trip for us and it was very interesting toward the end.

To get to Shanghai we took another train, which for me was interesting as the beds were again too short and we had too much luggage, so I had to sleep with two bags under me. The first night I don't even remember what happened, but I ended up getting a massage on the second floor of our hotel with some classmates. The next day we went to Hang Zhou, the capital of the same named province (I believe). We visited an adhesive factory that makes all the crazy glue you can buy in the dollar stores in America. It was a very pleasant experience to meet Dr. Liu's older brother and I was grateful for how well and nicely he treated us, showing us his factory and taking us to the best meal ever. Later we went somewhere... and then returned to Shanghai. The last night we were in the city - I suddenly remember where it was, the 1 RMB bill has a picture of some lake and we went to that lake - we went to a pretty famous part of Shanghai where the boats are almost on fire with light and street vendors are everywhere.

The next day we said goodbye and took our leave. It was a sad experience to leave and come back to America for most of us - for myself and four others we were heading to Japan.

Here is a nice drawing of Justin and his ideal wife that he drew the last week of classes.

Some nice people we met in Shanghai at the riverside.


And here I am grabbing the tower in Shanghai.

That's it for China...

I will definitely miss:
My classmates, cheap food, cheap everything, speaking Chinese (though I will continue this at the Language House), and the interesting culture...

I will be relieved to go back home:
Because of the dirty air, for the unblocked internet, my family and friends, and food that won't give me cramps.

No comments: